The King’s Hall was built in 1937 as a dance hall. Although dancing ended at the hall in the mid 1960s, its name lives on in this Wetherspoon pub. The hall was built by local estate agent FW Allen, for ‘musical and dramatic performances’, boasting a stage and an orchestra pit. Allen sold it in 1958, when it became the Picador Dancing Club. More recently, the first floor was used as a restaurant.