Long-since demolished, Calvert’s Court stood immediately behind this Wetherspoon pub. It was here that the Calvert family ran a cabinet-making firm and kept the Beehive Inn. According to a map of 1851, the rear of this site straddles the gardens of William Wright’s high-street mansion house. From 1864 to 1910, the name of Calvert was linked with St Petersgate and this Wetherspoon site. In 1891, W & J Calvert (cabinet-makers) occupied numbers 13 and 15, while Sarah Calvert occupied number 17 as a beer retailer. In 1910, a Calvert’s Court is listed, with 15–19 occupied by Calvert’s cabinet-makers.