This former supermarket was built in the 1960s, on land originally occupied by two dwellings, one of which was Clairville Cottage. In 1920, the occupant of Clairville Cottage was the ‘gentleman’ WR Caddock. Clairville appears on the tithe map of 1841, showing that the land behind and facing the building was owned by Thomas Dean. Alongside Dean’s land was a much larger holding, occupied by Littledale’s Model Farm. Harold Littledale was a wealthy merchant who lived in Liscard Hall. The hall had been previously occupied by his father-in-law, Sir John Tobin, one-time Lord Mayor of Liverpool.