The pub and hotel are currently closed due to essential maintenance works. Both are due to re-open on 15 June 2018.
Until the early 18th century, this was officially called The St George Inn, after the patron saint of England. It seems that the ‘saint’ part of the name was dropped after King George acceded to the throne in 1714. During the 1970s, the old name of the inn was recalled by the hanging sign on the front of the building, depicting Saint George and the dragon.
Find out More >