Thomas Lloyd was a local philanthropist, who lived in Warwick for 35 years. This pub bearing his name is a former branch of his family’s bank. Numbers 5 and 7 Market Place were acquired by the Warwickshire & Leamington Bank in 1834 and taken over by Lloyds Bank in 1866. The bank acquired number 3 in 1920 and occupied all three until 1998, when they became the Lloyds No.1 bar. Thomas Lloyd, a member of the banking family, lived at the priory from 1865 until his death in 1890. He was a philanthropic man, who took a particular interest in the asylum, the gaol and local schools.
Find out More >