This two-storey property was purpose built in 1847, next to Lytham’s first railway station and was originally named the Railway Hotel. The station, which opened the previous year, had a classical façade and an octagonal-shaped booking office with a domed roof. It closed to passengers in 1874, was taken over by local brewers Catterall and Swarbrick in 1895 and a billiard room and four bedrooms added. There was also a bowling green at the rear, which made way for a builder’s yard in 1955.
Find out More >