The name of this pub recalls the Central Congregational Chapel built on this site in c1901. By 1914, there were 60 such non-conformist chapels in Cardiff. These were chapels for those outside of the Church of England, dating from the 16th century. The Congregational Union was formed in 1832. The English Presbyterian Church was built in Windsor Place, in the 1860s, just a few doors from this Wetherspoon pub, and is now the United Reformed Church.
Find out More >