This building was purpose built for the draper and milliner Charles Armstrong in 1899. Armstrong traded at this address for almost a century. The new building was partly occupied by Charles Armstrong, who moved his business here from New Road. The shop soon expanded into the rest of the premises, where he was helped by five of his six children, until his death in 1926. In more recent years, Armstrong’s specialised in carpets, curtains and linens, trading at this address until c1996.
Find out More >