This striking grade II listed building was previously Martha’s Vineyard, the short-lived successor to the Old Court pub/nightclub which opened in 1998. The Greek Doric-style building was purpose built in 1830–31 as Walsall’s first permanent library. Named St Matthew’s Hall, it was for subscribers only. By 1847, it was in a state of disrepair and, not long after, it was altered internally to accommodate the county court.
Find out More >