This two-story building’s Art Deco-style façade has been a feature of Kingsway since the 1930s. The adjacent plot of uneven land was part of a brickfield. Brick-making in Dovercourt dates from Roman times. During the 19th century, brick- and cement-manufacturing were leading local trades. The nearby mill, owned by John Patrick, one-time Mayor of Harwich, had 12 cement kilns and drying flues, as well as 14 bottle kilns, in 1881.