The original cinema here was, itself, a partial conversion of the County Hotel, the site of which is marked on the 1876 OS Map and a map of 1846. The present grade B listed building was originally the Caley Picture House, having opened on 1 January 1923 with Game of Life – a silent film. In 1928, the building was enlarged for the new ‘talkies’. Several incarnations since then have included nightclubs and a live music venue – which closed after a farewell party on 31 December 2013.
Find out More >