Work started on building The Corn Exchange in 1852 and was completed two years later. Unfortunately, few stallholders used the new building and, for the next 50 years, it was used for auctions and other events. In 1912, the building was converted into the Olympia Picture Palace. It was formally opened by the provost on 8 July 1912 and is now this Wetherspoon pub, bearing its original name.
Find out More >