This was built in 1831, for Edmund Peel, as a summer residence and to provide stabling for his racehorses. The stables have since been demolished. This historic building was originally known as Hedgford Lodge. White’s Gazetteer and Directory for Staffordshire, of 1834, describes it as ‘a handsome mansion called Hedgford Lodge’. Hednesford was then a rural hamlet recorded on maps and in directories as Hedgford.
Find out More >