This was an existing pub of the same name, built in 1958 in its own grounds and taken over by Wetherspoon. Until 1895, Winsford was two separate townships, ‘Over’ and ‘Wharton’. The name Winsford was used only for the river valley. Much of the present town was built in the 1960s and 1970s, when it trebled in size and had one of the youngest populations in Britain.
Find out More >