Described as the finest building in Darwen, this former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel first opened its doors on 30 March 1866. It was designed in the classical Corinthian style by the architect Edward Bates – also responsible for the nearby India Mill. In 1969, the old chapel was bought for £14,500 and converted into a supermarket. It later became a discount store, until its refurbishment by Wetherspoon in 2014.
Find out More >