The Pevsner Architectural Guide dates this grade II listed building as being ‘mid 1760s’. In 1770, the ‘public house known by the sign of the cross keys’ was advertised for sale in the York Courant newspaper. In 1889, the Beverley Guardian reported that The Cross Keys Hotel had a commercial room, four bedrooms and domestic quarters (with cellars below), plus seven first-floor bedrooms. There was also stabling for 20 horses, with room for another 30 in adjoining stables.
Find out More >