Situated at the east end of Main Street, this imposing four-storey building has been a local landmark for more than 80 years. It was built in 1929 as the Savoy Cinema, later becoming a bingo hall and renamed the Vogue, probably in the early 1960s. In recent years, it reverted to its original name. Its classical façade and Corinthian columns along the sides of the auditorium are typical of the Glasgow-born architect John Fairweather, best known for designing The Playhouse, in nearby Glasgow (two years before the Savoy).
Find out More >