Previously a branch of the Portsea Island Mutual Co-operative Society (PIMCO), the name of this pub recalls PIMCO’s former chief executive who died in 1995 aged 90. PIMCO was set up by a handful of volunteers in May 1873 – the first Fratton Road shop opening in 1887. It was the first of many PIMCO premises in Fratton Road, including this site. From the end of World War II, PIMCO’s driving force for 20 years was its chief executive John Jacques, later Lord Jacques of Portsea Island.
Find out More >