Pub history
The Stannary Court
Plympton was an ancient stannary town. ‘Stannary’ derives from the Latin word for ‘tin’. The Stannary Court was held at Crocken Tor, on Dartmoor. Plympton sent 12 ‘jurates’ to the court which was first recorded in 1494 and held at irregular intervals until 1745. This grade II listed building was built during 1840–66. It was later divided into three properties. By 1985, one had long been Deeble’s electrical store. All three later became the job centre.


