Pub history
The London & County
On the corner of Terminus Road and Gildredge Road, diagonally opposite the entrance to Eastbourne’s grand Victorian railway station, this pub was originally the Eastbourne branch of the London and County Bank, purpose built in 1880. It was renamed the London County & Westminster Bank in 1909 and, in 1923, became the National Westminster Bank, later NatWest. The branch closed on 6 September 1996, having traded at this address for 116 years.


