Pub history
The Calverts Court
Calvert’s Court had stood immediately behind this pub. It was here that the Calvert family ran a cabinet-making firm and kept the Beehive Inn. According to an 1851 map, this site’s rear straddles the gardens of William Wright’s high-street mansion house. During 1864–1910, the Calvert name was linked with St Petersgate and this site. In 1891, W & J Calvert (cabinet-makers) occupied numbers 13 and 15, while Sarah Calvert occupied number 17 as a beer retailer.


