Pub history
The Manor House
This grade II listed former town house is early 18th century. The left-hand block was added in 1887–98. The decorative iron railings at the front were removed during World War II. The tree-lined garden at the rear is now a car park. English Heritage recently included the property on its Buildings at Risk Register. A plaque by the front door, hidden behind overgrown bushes, states that Royston Manor House was the name ‘adopted in October 1948’ for what later became known as The Manor House Club.


