By 1885, both Closes Court and Stewart’s Court had been cleared and Her Majesty’s Theatre & Opera House built in their place. This magnificent building was the work of the impresario William McFarland, its first manager. It was rebuilt as the Majestic cinema in 1930, but consumed by fire in 1941. Fifteen years later, it rose from the ashes as the Capitol cinema; however, it was soon sold to ABC, although still known as the Capitol until the mid 1960s. The ABC cinema closed in December 1998 and is now this Wetherspoon pub.