Unused for over 20 years, this former cinema is still a well-known landmark in the town. Set back slightly from High Street, it first opened its doors in 1913 as the Empire cinema/theatre. Two years later, it became the Palladium Electric. In 1934, the premises were enlarged, improved and renamed the Palladium cinema. The name can still be seen in the triangular area above the entrance. The Palladium closed in 1993, with a showing of Cinema Paradiso.
Find out More >