The former nightclub and bar are part of Union Terrace, a short row of seafront properties, built for the seaside resort of ‘New Brighton’, created by James Atherton in the 1830s. In 1851, Henry Cubbon, master mariner, lived in Union Terrace. In 1855, the death of Captain Cubbon, ‘aged 40, late of the barque Regulus’, was announced in the Liverpool Mercury. By the 20th century, the lodging houses had been converted into cafés and licensed premises and eventually nightclubs.
Find out More >