The Jug & Jester opened in 1997. The premises comprise the ground floor of number 11 and all of 13 Bath Street. Number 11 is a four-storey Regency-style building, erected as a private house in 1814–15. During 1858–73, the upper floors accommodated the town’s first Free Public Library. Number 13 was Leamington’s first theatre, purpose-built in 1813 for John Simms – ‘the manager of a company of comedians’. A listed building, it is ‘probably by Henry Hakewill’, who also designed the pews in the adjacent parish church of All Saints.