Located alongside Milton Keynes Theatre, these premises opened in July 2000 as a Lloyds No.1 bar and were renamed The David Garrick in June 2015. The famous actor, playwright and theatre manager is also recalled by nearby Garrick Walk. Garrick was the greatest actor of his day, whose fame extended throughout Europe. He bid farewell to the stage in 1776. Garrick died three years later and was buried in Poets’ Corner, Westminster Abbey.